A Natural Way to Increase Breast Milk Production
- Contains fenugreek, the most well-studied herb for supporting breast milk production
- Includes a concentrated Fenugreek Seed Powder extract (8:1), delivering a daily dose equivalent to 2,000 mg of standard Fenugreek Seed powder in only 2 capsules
- Each bottle provides 60 capsules, with a recommended dosage of up to 4 capsules daily
- Contains no yeast, wheat, soy, gluten, dairy, artificial flavors, preservatives, or animal products
- May be taken in conjunction with Nursing Postnatal
- Manufactured in the U.S. in a GMP-certified facility; guaranteed quality and potency.
Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum) is an annual herb native to the Mediterranean region of the world. Fenugreek is used throughout the world as a culinary spice and has been used by women for centuries as a "galactagogue" - a natural product to increase the production of breast milk. Fenugreek contains diosgenin, a plant-based estrogen, which has been shown to increase milk flow in lactating women to help support breast milk production.*
Unlike other available Fenugreek supplements which can require taking up to 8 capsules per day, Fairhaven Health's Fenugreek contains a unique blend of organic Fenugreek Seed Powder, along with a concentrated Fenugreek Seed Powder extract (8:1), delivering a dose equivalent to 2000 mg of standard fenugreek seed powder in just 2 vegetarian capsules each day.
In most cases, nursing women see an increase in milk production within the first 2-3 days after beginning supplementation with fenugreek, with full effectiveness attained within 2 weeks. Once milk flow has been successfully established, it is often possible to discontinue fenugreek supplementation. However, even when taken in daily dosages of multiple grams per day, fenugreek is considered to be safe for both short-term use to boost milk supply or long-term use for helping to maintain breast milk production.
Save up to 10% on multiple bottles!
1 bottle = $14.95, 2 = $27.95, 3 = $39.95
While fenugreek has a long history of safe use as a culinary spice and an herbal galactagogue, there are a few important precautions related to fenugreek supplementation:
- Fenugreek can cause sweat and breast milk to smell like maple syrup.
- Fenugreek is not recommended for pregnant women.
- Fenugreek should be used with caution by women with allergies to peanuts.
- Fenugreek can reduce blood glucose levels. Women with diabetes should consult a physician before taking fenugreek.
- Fenugreek can, in some cases, aggravate asthma symptoms. Women with asthma should consult a physician before using fenugreek.